Join the BHMA
Members of the BHMA include manufacturers and suppliers of herbal medicines, herbal practitioners, companies involved in the supply of herbal raw materials and extracts, academics, pharmacists, regulatory consultants, retailers and students of phytotherapy. The Board supports the members through a range of activities and keeps a close watch on legislative developments affecting herbal medicine, liaising with regulatory authorities, industry forums and the media, providing advice and comment on new EU or UK legislation and guidelines, and commenting on specific issues.
Benefits of BHMA Membership include:
- An annual BHMA Membership card.
- Up-to-date news and comment on herbal medicine research, safety and regulatory developments as well as information and summaries on other topics via regular membership emails and our newsletter, the BHMA Post.
- Free entry and lunch at our annual event held in London in June: the Annual General Meeting followed by a Herbal Medicine Seminar – an ideal occasion to meet and network with other members.
- Discounts on the registration fees for a range of informative events held throughout the year, including seminars and workshops organised solely or jointly by the BHMA, and select seminars held by other professional associations such as the CPP, EHTPA, RCHM, URHP and ANP.
- For company members who market herbal medicinal products in the UK, the option of free listings in the BHMA website directory for their products with THR and/or PL status https://bhma.info/indications/
- Company members can have a free listing on the Company Members page of our website: https://bhma.info/bhma-members/
- Complimentary online viewing access to the ESCOP monographs, with discounts on downloadable pdfs (www.escop.com)
- Access to the Members’ Only area of the BHMA website: www.bhma.info
- For company members who market herbal medicinal products in the UK, the option of free listings in the BHMA website directory for their products with THR and/or PL status.
- Free access to online viewing of the ESCOP monographs with discounts on downloads. The ESCOP monographs are uniquely comprehensive and up-to-date reviews of key herbal products as medicines. The monographs comply with formats and standards appropriate to all medicines across Europe. The list of monographs is increasing all the time due to the hard work of members of ESCOP Scientific Committees (including important work by officers of the BHMA!) and prestigious Supervising Editors, all university professors from across Europe. You can find more information at www.escop.com
- The services of the BHMA Board, working on your behalf. Our Directors devote their time to supporting and protecting the interests of members and herbal medicine in general; they liaise and attend meetings with the MHRA and other organisations in order to keep abreast of developments, determine policy and provide members with the most up-to-date information. Meetings are arranged from time to time for groups of company members wishing to discuss topics of particular interest or concern.
- The chance to have key questions on regulatory and borderline issues answered by the MHRA, including the challenges caused by Brexit
- The BHMA works closely with the MHRA to ensure that unlicensed products are quickly removed from sale both in the High Street and from online suppliers.
- Access to the BHMA copy clearance service at a reduced price for advertising, websites, social media etc.
- We can provide you with a list of qualified regulatory specialists who are able to give advice on the marketing of herbal products and advice on applying for registration of herbal medicine products under the Traditional Herbal Registration (THR) scheme run by the MHRA.
- Advice on the government’s proposed Plastic Tax and its potential effects on product packaging.
- BHMA membership entitles you to a 25% discount on all BHMA publications
- A complimentary copy of ‘A Guide to Traditional Herbal Medicines’ for all new members.
- Access to the Members’ Only area of the BHMA website www.bhma.info