Members of the BHMA include manufacturers and suppliers of herbal medicines, herbal practitioners, companies involved in the supply of herbal raw materials and extracts, academics, pharmacists, regulatory consultants, retailers and students of phytotherapy. The Board supports the members through a range of activities and keeps a close watch on legislative developments affecting herbal medicine, liaising with regulatory authorities, industry forums and the media, providing advice and comment on new EU or UK legislation and guidelines, and commenting on specific issues.
Click below for details of membership fees and a downloadable application form
Benefits of BHMA Membership include:
- An annual BHMA Membership certificate.
- A newsletter, the BHMA Post, providing news and comment on regulatory developments as well as information and summaries on other topics.
- Discounts on all BHMA books.
- New members receive a complimentary copy of A Guide to Traditional Herbal Medicines (2003).
- Discounts on registration fees for seminars organised solely or jointly by the BHMA.
- Free entry and lunch at our annual event held in London in June: the Annual General Meeting followed by a Herbal Medicine Seminar – an ideal occasion to meet and network with other members.
- Complimentary access to the online ESCOP monographs as downloadable pdfs (www.escop.com)
- Access to the Members’ Only area of the BHMA website: www.bhma.info
- For company members who market herbal medicinal products in the UK, the option of free listings in the BHMA website directory for their products with THR and/or PL status.
- The services of the voluntary BHMA Board, working on your behalf. Our Directors devote their time to supporting and protecting the interests of members and herbal medicine in general; they liaise and attend meetings with the MHRA and other organisations in order to keep abreast of developments, determine policy and provide members with the most up-to-date information. Meetings are arranged from time to time for groups of company members wishing to discuss topics of particular interest or concern.
- Representation on the Board and Scientific Committee of the European Scientific Cooperative on Phytotherapy (ESCOP), which prepares scientific monographs and apps on herbal medicines and liaises with the HMPC and EMA, submitting comments on draft Community Herbal Monographs and other documents.